Vision for Rediscovering the Kingdom
The vision is for Christians to rediscover the message of the Kingdom of God which is the core message Jesus taught. As Christians understand and embrace this message they will be keen to produce the Kingdom in every sphere of the communities in which they live. This will lead to community transformation that will see every sector in society impacted by the reality of the Kingdom of God.
How is the vision expressed? The diagram belows illustrates the 3 sectors of communication, Using the Neet and community transformation.
Long term goals
Kingdom resources – we are using the internet to promote the message through a website which has articles, MP3s,videos and social networking functionality. Each month we send out a newsletter and we are looking at developing study guides and eventually a book that provides a more detailed explanation of the message
Kingdom Networks – the Kingdom Is based on relationship so we want to establish links with other leaders and networks who have a heart for the Kingdom and to find ways we can work together.
Community transformation projects – we will partner with and support groups who are involved in sustainable community transformation projects.
What is the vision for Using the Net
• To develop a team of competent account managers and skilled service providers that can meet all the e-marketing needs of people in business.
• To build a company that provides measurable growth for its clients in the income generated by employing our e-marketing strategies.
• To build a reputation for excellence of service and integrity in all our dealings with our clients.
• To fully develop our newsletter service so that it is functionally competitive with others in the industry.
• To have account managers in every capital city and major regional centre in Australia.
• To have regional account managers who can oversee account managers in their region.
• To increase the number of service providers and to broaden the services we offer
What is Using the Net
This business began as a ‘do-it-yourself’ e-newsletter service. Clients would subscribe to UTN and then would be provided with simple-to-use technology for sending out and tracking e-newsletters and for list management of their data base. Then 18 months ago Rod Hopping, one of the elders in my church, suggested I think about linking my business with my Kingdom vision. Rod’s suggestion was to give Kingdom-minded people the opportunity to become partners in the business – like he had experienced in his role with Network Communications with Mike Jeffs.
As a result of this suggestion Using the Net has now grown into a network of professionals who can provide solutions for businesses in the following areas:
• E-newsletter service
• Website development
• Search Engine Optimisation
• Executive coaching
• Creative design
Those working as part of this team function in two capacities: Account Manager – who project manages individual clients and Service Providers – who provide specialized services to our clients thru the administration of Account Managers. More details can be found at our website – www.usingthenet.com.au
So in summary I see my business as a way of practicing what I preach – it has given me the opportunity to build a kingdom business which interacts with the business sector from a Kingdom perspective and also supports my vision to proclaim the message of the Kingdom.
How can you be involved?
The nature of this business means that there is an opportunity for others who have a vision for the Kingdom to embark on a similar journey.
• To run their own business from a Kingdom perspective
• To see this business provide opportunities to bring the Kingdom into their community
• To support the message of the Kingdom being promoted around Australia and beyond.
To represent UTN as an Account Manager you would need to be
• Committed to this vision to see the message of the Kingdom promoted and expressed
• Committed to running your business with integrity and excellence
• Committed to looking for opportunities to bring the Kingdom thru your business into your community
Here is how it would work
• Someone who identifies with this vision for the Kingdom would be given the opportunity to become an Account Manager for ‘Using the Net”
• They would promote the Using the Net newsletter system and UTN services to their contacts and then look after all those clients who become part of their account.
• The Account Manager would receive a 70% commission for all the clients within their account. The balance goes back to UTN to support the vision to promote the message of the Kingdom
• Each Account Manager needs to have their own ABN as their relationship with UTN is as a contractor.
What support could I expect from head office?
• Licensed use of the Using the Net system, name and logo
• Technical support in terms of how the system works and other questions that might arise when a client starts using the range of UTN services
• Free use of UTN newsletter system to do your own promotion
• Creation of templates for new clients
• Website development for clients
• Each client and contact would be added to our monthly newsletter mailing list
How would a local UTN business develop?
To develop your UTN Account you would contact businesses and organisations presenting to them the benefits of e-marketing through e-newsletters and website development. In our first UTN business on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland we used the following marketing methods
• Developed a mailing list and then started sending out a monthly newsletter on e-marketing
• Pursued contacts with people we knew and other names that were given to us to share with them the benefits of e-marketing for their business.
• As we developed a client base we asked them for referrals
• Established relationships with other companies where we could cross promote our services
Small investment and low overheads
• To become a UTN Account Manager there is a one-off establishment and training fee
• Client income is shared on a 70/30 basis – 70% to you and 30% to support the wider vision for the Kingdom
• There is no need to rent an office, no hosting fee for the site (this is covered by head office), no printing or stationery requirements. Main costs will be phone calls and travel to visit clients if they become UTN clients.
If this vision and the opportunity to become an Account Manager for Using the Net excites you and you would like to know more about how you could be involved please get in touch